FD Technologies plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
As a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Accountant at FD Technologies, you will provide high quality reporting and analysis to support the First Derivative business. Working as part of the overall finance team, the role will have a direct input into management information reporting. You will be expected to meet strict reporting deadlines on a monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly basis.
- Perform monthly, interim, and year-end close activities including job profitability reviews
- Responsible for the production of the monthly management reporting including a detailed analysis of costs, sales trends and scenario variables for the division
- Supporting the forecasting and annual budgeting cycles
- Developing reports and dashboards
- Trend analysis reporting to support division management
- Assisting with half-year and full-year external PLC reporting requirements
- Creation of financial models to support business investment decisions
- Reviewing the financial models that support commercial reviews
- Working closely with the Group Reporting team and liaising directly with business leaders.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA professionally qualified with at least 5 years post qual experience
- At least 3 years working experience in a FP&A role
- Experience of building financial models
- Sound knowledge of accounting packages
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to work efficiently and prioritize your workloads in a fast-paced environment, delivering a high level of accuracy and attention to detail within tight timeframes
- Ability to identify areas of improvement within processes and procedures and identify continuous improvements for the team
- Experience in mentoring and supporting others to deliver tasks and shared outcomes
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiatives with minimal supervision and escalate matters when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships with both co-workers and external stakeholders
- A proven ability of strong team skills, including taking direction from others, is crucial
- Ability to make sound decisions, under pressure, taking a balanced view of competing needs, priorities and assessing any impact to others.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work flexible hours at peak times.
- A professional services industry background
- Experience within a PLC
The role is based in either Newry or Belfast.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
FD Technologies plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.