FD Technologies plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
KX is a division of FD Technologies, a global technology provider with 20 years of experience working with some of the world’s largest finance, technology, retail, pharma, manufacturing and energy institutions. KX delivers the best possible performance and flexibility for high-volume, data-intensive analytics and applications across multiple industries.
We are actively looking for an experienced Python Developer to operate within our strategic R&D team. The role entails building an end to end solution and is part of a high-profile, large-scale project.
- Contributing to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including influencing the overall design and architecture of the application and developing, testing, and deploying the code
- Interacting with users to understand requirements and integration needs, deploy applications, assist with user configurations, troubleshoot issues, and perform training
- Assisting in the solution development and ultimately owning it
- Both server and client-side development
- Targeting multiple deployment models including cloud, on-prem, VMs, containers and multi-platform tarball/ZIP file-based
- The successful candidate should have a passion for technology and an interest in challenging themselves.
- Excellent knowledge of Python, in particularly building APIs (eg. Flask-RESTful), HTML5 CORS and building tooling to interacts with the API
- Comprehensive understanding of security covering
- users, groups, roles and ACLs appropriate for a self-service solution
- cryptographic operations (eg. interacting with OpenSSL, maintaining a private CA, …)
- integration and use of OAuth2 identity tokens
- Strong UNIX skills (eg. Shell, Makefiles, …) and familiarity with build and deployment toolchains
- Experience processing and querying (ideally time series) data to generate reports using appropriate tooling
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite)
- Familiarity creating solutions that work for Windows, macOS and Linux targets
- Experience with cloud and cloud services (eg. IAM, VPC, Object Storage) beneficial
- Integrating with cloud instance metadata, (v)TPMs/HSMs, secret managers
- Experience with containerization technology
- Comfortable reading library code (including C bindings) to workaround limitations and the use of step-through debuggers and strace/ltrace to understand problems
- Familiarity with kdb+/q
This role is offered as a remote position.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
FD Technologies plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.