FD Technologies plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
The Business Analyst (BA) role is responsible for the gathering, analysis and synthesis of information from the organization through interaction with stakeholders, customers and other professionals. This role must be skilled at eliciting requirements from all interactions and facilitate the completion of solutions that solve the business requirements in line with the corporate strategy and goals.
The Business Analyst team are looking to recruit experienced Business Analysts to join a new team based in Newry and Belfast. You will be part of a team that currently has a presence in London. You will be part of a dynamic team working through EMIR Transaction Reporting anomalies, solving complex problems to meet the ever-changing regulatory environment.
- You should be dynamic and nimble, a self-starter with experience working in an agile environment as well as leverage your excellent development, communication, and organizational skills.
- The role will require working with various stakeholders globally, split across various ranks, divisions, and asset classes.
- You will be required to take regulatory and business requirements and translate these into functional technical requirements
- You will write user stories, liaising with developers, product owners and other business analysts across the team.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to think creatively and objectively, make decisions, learn, and keep up to date in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Problem solving – ability to investigate the detail but also look holistically
- Systems thinking – ability to build an understanding of complex system design
- Ethical, trustworthy, diligent, organised, prioritises and effective time management
- Understanding of business principles and best practices
- Understanding of transaction reporting regulation specifically EMIR 2.0 and industry best practices (FIA and ISDA)
- Understanding of finance principles specifically in ETD and OTC derivatives across various asset classes
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate complex problems to gain understanding and consensus.
- Experience of writing user stories containing clearly articulated needs, features and acceptance tests.
- Ability to collaborate, build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Leadership and Influence of management, stakeholders and team
- Facilitation of meetings, workshops and other events
- Manage meetings and requirement/design sessions effectively
- Presenting solutions and issues through formal presentations
- Negotiation of solutions and agreements
- Promoting Teamwork and ability to work with team members to a common goal.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and SQL, XML, UNIX experience desirable but not essential.
- The skills described above are desirable but not essential. The level of development will depend on the business analyst role, experience and specialization.
The role is based in either Newry or Belfast.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
FD Technologies plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.