FD Technologies plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our growing KX division.
- Design platform transformations and migrations towards modern cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure smooth and reliable operation of our application platform, the surrounding ecosystem of microservices, and their dependencies.
- Bring your creativity to improve our current infrastructure and introduce new automation where needed.
- Troubleshoot, debug and follow-up on emerging issues in our application stack and its surroundings.
- Implement and utilize configuration management and deployment tools.
- Assist in the architectural design of new services and making them operate at scale.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years’ experience in an SRE/Operations/DevOps role as part of a team
- Experience in supporting complex web applications running highly available and high traffic infrastructure based on Linux
- Comfortable with configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.), and modern observability infrastructure (monitoring, metrics and logging)
- Aptitude for automation and streamlining of tasks
- Comfortable with shell and scripting languages used in an SRE/Operations engineering context (e.g. Python, Go, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently, as an effective part of a globally distributed team
- Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, …)
This role can be based in Belfast/Newry or London.
Working for FD Technologies:
At FD Technologies, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Technologies Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
FD Technologies is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (First Derivative).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.