FD Technologies plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
The Solutions Architect ensures that the applications architecture and infrastructure supporting major, highly complex applications are designed to meet evolving business requirements and meet standards for reliability, scalability, and availability. The incumbent will provide architecture and technology guidance on all projects to ensure consistency in approaches and to optimize technology synergy. The Solutions Architect also provides expertise and counsel ensuring technology teams and business areas understand all the options and technology choices in support of their business. The Solutions Architect is a technology and business expert with strong leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives. The Solutions Architect recommends end-to-end technology design solutions and takes full accountability for the architecture of a solution.
- Leads multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure, and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with the Clients Technology Roadmap.
- Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments, and improvements/solutions by either buying, building, or reusing
- Partners with Enterprise Architects by ensuring solutions are in line with Technology Roadmap; ensuring all deviations are identified and approved; identifying gaps in current standards/services and negotiating enterprise vs. project solutions and developing standard application architectures, frameworks, and development standards.
- Minimum of 5- 7 year’s IT industry experience
- Hybrid cloud-based architecture (GCP and Azure)
- Strong experience in Capital Markets (Front office and Derivatives technology Preferred)
- Experience in Fixed Income, Equities, FX trade lifecycle is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – (Absolute must)
- The ability to translate ideas into technical and business realities
- The ability to map technology to business problems
- Understand and integrate multiple technologies
- Extremely detail-oriented, methodical
- Ability to deal with complex systems or problems
- Ability to multi-task (multiple congruent projects)
- Data/Analytics Experience (Kafka, Elasticsearch, Minio, Redis , Hadoop or equivalent tech)
- Knowledge of industry best practices, programming languages (Java preferred) business/organization, infrastructure, architecture and technology related areas from an architectural design/solution.
This role can be based across any of our global office with hybrd/ remote working
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
- Hybrid Working options
Who are we?
FD Technologies plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.